List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:August 21 2003 2:44am
Subject:RE: Oracle DBA here looking for advice on MySQL ....
View as plain text
At 17:24 -0700 8/20/03, Michael S. Fischer wrote:
>In a word, no.  The way MySQL organizes its datafiles is trivial by
>comparison: one directory per database, two files per table (table.MYI
>and table.MYD), one is the datafile, the other is the index file.  MySQL
>also does not preallocate space for its tables like Oracle does.

The InnoDB storage engine does.

>--Michael

Paul DuBois, Senior Technical Writer
Madison, Wisconsin, USA
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com

Are you MySQL certified?  http://www.mysql.com/certification/

Thread
Oracle DBA here looking for advice on MySQL ....Michael  Johnson19 Aug
  • Re: Oracle DBA here looking for advice on MySQL ....Rajesh Kumar19 Aug
  • Re: Oracle DBA here looking for advice on MySQL ....Andy Jackman19 Aug
    • RE: Oracle DBA here looking for advice on MySQL ....Brian Austin20 Aug
  • RE: Oracle DBA here looking for advice on MySQL ....Adam Nelson20 Aug
    • Re: Oracle DBA here looking for advice on MySQL ....Martin Gainty21 Aug
      • RE: Oracle DBA here looking for advice on MySQL ....Michael S. Fischer21 Aug
        • RE: Oracle DBA here looking for advice on MySQL ....Paul DuBois21 Aug
        • Re: Oracle DBA here looking for advice on MySQL ....Dan Nelson21 Aug
          • Re: Oracle DBA here looking for advice on MySQL ....Jeremy Zawodny21 Aug
        • Re: Oracle DBA here looking for advice on MySQL ....David Griffiths21 Aug
RE: Oracle DBA here looking for advice on MySQL ....Michael  Johnson19 Aug
  • RE: Oracle DBA here looking for advice on MySQL ....Wendell Dingus19 Aug
  • RE: Oracle DBA here looking for advice on MySQL ....Michael S. Fischer19 Aug