List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael S. Fischer Date:August 21 2003 12:24am
Subject:RE: Oracle DBA here looking for advice on MySQL ....
View as plain text
In a word, no.  The way MySQL organizes its datafiles is trivial by
comparison: one directory per database, two files per table (table.MYI
and table.MYD), one is the datafile, the other is the index file.  MySQL
also does not preallocate space for its tables like Oracle does.

--Michael

Oracle DBA here looking for advice on MySQL ....Michael  Johnson19 Aug
  • Re: Oracle DBA here looking for advice on MySQL ....Rajesh Kumar19 Aug
  • Re: Oracle DBA here looking for advice on MySQL ....Andy Jackman19 Aug
    • RE: Oracle DBA here looking for advice on MySQL ....Brian Austin20 Aug
  • RE: Oracle DBA here looking for advice on MySQL ....Adam Nelson20 Aug
    • Re: Oracle DBA here looking for advice on MySQL ....Martin Gainty21 Aug
      • RE: Oracle DBA here looking for advice on MySQL ....Michael S. Fischer21 Aug
        • RE: Oracle DBA here looking for advice on MySQL ....Paul DuBois21 Aug
        • Re: Oracle DBA here looking for advice on MySQL ....Dan Nelson21 Aug
          • Re: Oracle DBA here looking for advice on MySQL ....Jeremy Zawodny21 Aug
        • Re: Oracle DBA here looking for advice on MySQL ....David Griffiths21 Aug
RE: Oracle DBA here looking for advice on MySQL ....Michael  Johnson19 Aug
  • RE: Oracle DBA here looking for advice on MySQL ....Wendell Dingus19 Aug
  • RE: Oracle DBA here looking for advice on MySQL ....Michael S. Fischer19 Aug