List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dathan Vance Pattishall Date:August 20 2003 8:15pm
Subject:Grown defects in a RAID array
View as plain text
I've notice that when grown defects (bad blocks on the disk caused by
usage over time) that my dedicated mysql server is adversely effected.

Since the action of Grown defects does not flush the table with a write
lock-that the block marked as bad will effect prior to that block
becoming a grown defect-what is another way for mysql to recover from
this situation?

I'm currently using EXT3 does this same effect happen with Reiser-Fs /
UFS / Veritas?

Maybe Jeremy Zawodny   can help me with this?

Thread
Grown defects in a RAID arrayDathan Vance Pattishall21 Aug
  • Re: Grown defects in a RAID arrayDan Nelson21 Aug
Re: Grown defects in a RAID arrayAlec.Cawley21 Aug