List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Adam Nelson Date:August 20 2003 2:49pm
Subject:RE: Oracle DBA here looking for advice on MySQL ....
View as plain text
I'd say MySQL 2nd edition by Paul Dubois.  It has the first 200 pages
with stuff you already know, but the next 800 pages are mysql specific.
Very good reference book and best practices guide.

The only thing it's missing is what I think should be in every book (and
is in virtually none).  5 pages devoted to the initial setup of the
program on each major OS.  It's such a simple thing, but often there are
very competent individuals who just want to read the best practices
setup in concise form.  Then, when more time is available, go back and
tweak, etc..

Thread
Oracle DBA here looking for advice on MySQL ....Michael  Johnson19 Aug
  • Re: Oracle DBA here looking for advice on MySQL ....Rajesh Kumar19 Aug
  • Re: Oracle DBA here looking for advice on MySQL ....Andy Jackman19 Aug
    • RE: Oracle DBA here looking for advice on MySQL ....Brian Austin20 Aug
  • RE: Oracle DBA here looking for advice on MySQL ....Adam Nelson20 Aug
    • Re: Oracle DBA here looking for advice on MySQL ....Martin Gainty21 Aug
      • RE: Oracle DBA here looking for advice on MySQL ....Michael S. Fischer21 Aug
        • RE: Oracle DBA here looking for advice on MySQL ....Paul DuBois21 Aug
        • Re: Oracle DBA here looking for advice on MySQL ....Dan Nelson21 Aug
          • Re: Oracle DBA here looking for advice on MySQL ....Jeremy Zawodny21 Aug
        • Re: Oracle DBA here looking for advice on MySQL ....David Griffiths21 Aug
RE: Oracle DBA here looking for advice on MySQL ....Michael  Johnson19 Aug
  • RE: Oracle DBA here looking for advice on MySQL ....Wendell Dingus19 Aug
  • RE: Oracle DBA here looking for advice on MySQL ....Michael S. Fischer19 Aug