List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jim Smith Date:August 20 2003 8:09am
Subject:RE: Need help optimizing query, awfully slow on only 20000 records
View as plain text
What are you defining as a huge performance hit?

Is the result set 20K records, or the base tables? How big are the base
tables?

Are the client and server on the same machine? Pulling 20K records across
the network could take some time. Formatting 20K records into a pull -down
list in access will also take a long time. Anyway who reads a 20K list?

Which parts of the process are slow? How does the query perform from the
mysql command line?

http://lists.mysql.com/mysql?unsub=1

Thread
Need help optimizing query, awfully slow on only 20000 recordsCarmel Entertainment)19 Aug
  • RE: Need help optimizing query, awfully slow on only 20000 recordsJim Smith20 Aug
RE: Need help optimizing query, awfully slow on only 20000 recordsCarmel Entertainment)20 Aug
  • RE: Need help optimizing query, awfully slow on only 20000 recordsMichael S. Fischer21 Aug
RE: Need help optimizing query, awfully slow on only 20000 recordsCarmel Entertainment)21 Aug
  • RE: Need help optimizing query, awfully slow on only 20000 recordsMichael S. Fischer21 Aug
  • Seeking advice on best table structureScott Haneda21 Aug
    • Re: Seeking advice on best table structurePete McNeil21 Aug
    • Re: Seeking advice on best table structureRoger Baklund21 Aug
      • Re: Seeking advice on best table structureRajesh Kumar21 Aug
        • Re: Seeking advice on best table structureRoger Baklund21 Aug
Re: Need help optimizing query, awfully slow on only 20000 recordsCarmel Entertainment)21 Aug
RE: Need help optimizing query, awfully slow on only 20000 recordsCarmel Entertainment)21 Aug
  • MySQL 4.0.13 Memory problem under heavy loadKayra Otaner21 Aug
    • RE: MySQL 4.0.13 Memory problem under heavy loadMichael S. Fischer21 Aug
    • Re: MySQL 4.0.13 Memory problem under heavy loadDan Nelson21 Aug
  • Re: MySQL 4.0.13 Memory problem under heavy loadMartin Gainty21 Aug