List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Brian Austin Date:August 19 2003 2:46pm
Subject:RE: Oracle DBA here looking for advice on MySQL ....
View as plain text
Just look at amazon.  There are more books popping up all the time.

The manual with user comments is the best.
http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/

Paul DuBois wrote a good book that helped me get started on a few things.
This one is a newer one I think.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0735709211/ref=pd_sim_books_1/
103-1999417-1493463?v=glance&s=books

or for 4.0 by Ian Gilfillan
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0782141625/ref=pd_sbs_b_1/103-
1999417-1493463?v=glance&s=books

<opinion per 1st reply>
I've noticed a lot of Oracle people don't like MySQL for one reason or
another.  I don't understand why that is, but in my opion MySQL is easier,
faster and more fun to use.  Granted there are not as many features
available in MySQL, but having the ability to create my own solutions to
problems is what I enjoy most about it.  That's the reason I became a
programmer, not an app user.
</opinion per 1st reply>

Brian