List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Yves Goergen Date:August 19 2003 8:26pm
Subject:Re: "hard" sort table order
View as plain text
ALTER TABLE table ORDER BY col

--from the manual--
ORDER BY allows you to create the new table with the rows in a specific order. Note that
the table will not remain in this order after inserts and deletes. In some cases, it may
make sorting easier for MySQL if the table is in order by the column that you wish to
order it by later. This option is mainly useful when you know that you are mostly going
to query the rows in a certain order; by using this option after big changes to the
table, you may be able to get higher performance.

--
Yves Goergen
nospam.list@stripped