List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:rolf toft Date:April 6 1999 10:36pm
Subject:mysql_insert_id always returns 0 !!
View as plain text
I downloaded and installed a new binary release of mysql for my LINUX
station and since then both  mysql_insert_id(&mysql)  and
mysql_num_fields(res) in
my code always returns 0 !!!

These are sections of code which worked before with older releases of
MySql

I'm using the C API to interface to the database. The release I
installed is 3.22.21.

I did define the NO_CLIENT_LONG_LONG variable in order to link to the
new mysql.h library and I did change my code to take a unsigned long as
a return
parameter for these functions ... Still the return value is always 0 ?

I have seen threads on the mailing list regarding this issue - but not
found any help - can anybody please point to what is going on ?

Rolf.

Thread
mysql_insert_id always returns 0 !!rolf toft7 Apr
  • mysql_insert_id always returns 0 !!Michael Widenius10 Apr