List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Fred Lindberg Date:September 30 1999 3:11pm
Subject:Re: late postings
View as plain text
On Wed, 29 Sep 1999 09:56:09 -0400, Scott Perkins wrote:

>Is there a moderator for this list Q1.?    that is snoozing?  Q2?
>We'll know if this msg makes it through . heh heh

Q1: no.
Q2: N/A

The network has been unreliable. I've seen attempts to SYN flood the
host in the past, but this seems not to be the case at this time. Of
course, it's possible that someone is tinkering with network components
elsewhere. Unfortunately, I have no control over this.

We've decreased time-outs a little to alleviate the situation at the
expense of very slow clients. Currently, we're about 45 min behind.

OT: It might amuse you to know that about 30% of incoming mail is spam,
most of it blocked at the door.

-Sincerely, Fred

late postingsRobert Canary29 Sep
  • Re: late postingsMartin Ramsch29 Sep