List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tim Johnson Date:August 17 2003 5:11pm
Subject:Re: PHP or Perl? (or Rebol via TCP/IP)
View as plain text

> > I hope I don't start a relegious war here I just want some advice.
> >

> > Mark Healey
> > mylists@stripped

I program with C, C++, python and rebol. My partner use perl.
We do lots of stuff with MySql. My hands-down favorite is rebol.
I find more code-efficient than any other language that I have
used in my career. And it delivers sizzling performance from
mysql on a TCP/IP connection (rather than using shared binaries).

Like perl, rebol is easy to get off the ground with and there are
multiple ways to do anything. (including roll-your-own control
structures). given rebol's performance, I'm going to investigate
using C on a socket connection to MySql...

Just my thoughts....

My brother is a project engineer with motorola .... they use
lots of both rebol and perl. Perl for regex and rebol for
socket work. Although I believe that you can harness regex
directly with mysql, I haven't done anything more than simple
blobs.
--
Tim Johnson <tim@stripped>
      http://www.johnsons-web.com
Thread
PHP or Perl?Mark Healey16 Aug
  • Re: PHP or Perl?Dan Nelson16 Aug
  • images on databaseLuiz Rafael Culik Guimaraes16 Aug
    • Re: images on databaseÃåùñãéÜäçò Ãéþñãïò17 Aug
      • Re: images on databasecolbey17 Aug
  • Re: PHP or Perl?mos17 Aug
    • Re: PHP or Perl?Joel Rees18 Aug
  • Re: PHP or Perl?O'K Web Design17 Aug
    • Re: PHP or Perl?Jackson Miller17 Aug
  • Re: PHP or Perl?Simon Windsor17 Aug
    • Re: PHP or Perl? (or Rebol via TCP/IP)Tim Johnson17 Aug
  • Re: images on databaseLuiz Rafael Culik Guimaraes17 Aug
  • Re: PHP or Perl?Joel Rees18 Aug
Re: PHP or Perl?Amer Neely16 Aug
Re: PHP or Perl?Markus Jais17 Aug
Re: PHP or Perl?Eric Frazier18 Aug
Re: PHP or Perl? (or Rebol via TCP/IP)D De Villiers \(Work- AKURA\)22 Aug
Re: PHP or Perl? (or Rebol via TCP/IP)Work- AKURA)23 Aug
Re: PHP or Perl? (or Rebol via TCP/IP)Work- AKURA)23 Aug