List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:August 16 2003 6:11am
Subject:Re: PHP or Perl?
View as plain text
In the last episode (Aug 15), Mark Healey said:
> As part of my own learning mysql project I'm planning to build
> databases for all my books and DVD's.  Stephen Hawking is probably a
> better typist than I am so I plan to use barcodes to get the info
> ,taking the information from various web sites.
>
> People tell me that PHP is THE way to do database work with mysql.
> The thing is, I'm familiar with Perl and it has all kinds of neat
> string manipulation stuff and LWP.

The best way is with C, calling the libmysqlclient functions directly,
of course :)  Once you decide to use an interpreted language, just pick
the one you're most comfortable with.  PHP is "THE" way for people that
know PHP.  If you like Perl instead, use Perl.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped
Thread
PHP or Perl?Mark Healey16 Aug
  • Re: PHP or Perl?Dan Nelson16 Aug
  • images on databaseLuiz Rafael Culik Guimaraes16 Aug
    • Re: images on databaseÃåùñãéÜäçò Ãéþñãïò17 Aug
      • Re: images on databasecolbey17 Aug
  • Re: PHP or Perl?mos17 Aug
    • Re: PHP or Perl?Joel Rees18 Aug
  • Re: PHP or Perl?O'K Web Design17 Aug
    • Re: PHP or Perl?Jackson Miller17 Aug
  • Re: PHP or Perl?Simon Windsor17 Aug
    • Re: PHP or Perl? (or Rebol via TCP/IP)Tim Johnson17 Aug
  • Re: images on databaseLuiz Rafael Culik Guimaraes17 Aug
  • Re: PHP or Perl?Joel Rees18 Aug
Re: PHP or Perl?Amer Neely16 Aug
Re: PHP or Perl?Markus Jais17 Aug
Re: PHP or Perl?Eric Frazier18 Aug
Re: PHP or Perl? (or Rebol via TCP/IP)D De Villiers \(Work- AKURA\)22 Aug
Re: PHP or Perl? (or Rebol via TCP/IP)Work- AKURA)23 Aug
Re: PHP or Perl? (or Rebol via TCP/IP)Work- AKURA)23 Aug