List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mark Healey Date:August 16 2003 5:17am
Subject:PHP or Perl?
View as plain text
As part of my own learning mysql project I'm planning to build
databases for all my books and DVD's.  Stephen Hawking is probably
a better typist than I am so I plan to use barcodes to get the info
,taking the information from various web sites.

People tell me that PHP is THE way to do database work with mysql.
The thing is, I'm familiar with Perl and it has all kinds of neat
string manipulation stuff and LWP.

Does PHP have comprable libraries (especially LWP) and how difficult
is it to move from Perl.

I hope I don't start a relegious war here I just want some advice.

Mark Healey
mylists@stripped

This account is only for lists to which I've subscribed.
Any spammers invite the worst revenge I think I can get away with.

Thread
PHP or Perl?Mark Healey16 Aug
  • Re: PHP or Perl?Dan Nelson16 Aug
  • images on databaseLuiz Rafael Culik Guimaraes16 Aug
    • Re: images on databaseÃåùñãéÜäçò Ãéþñãïò17 Aug
      • Re: images on databasecolbey17 Aug
  • Re: PHP or Perl?mos17 Aug
    • Re: PHP or Perl?Joel Rees18 Aug
  • Re: PHP or Perl?O'K Web Design17 Aug
    • Re: PHP or Perl?Jackson Miller17 Aug
  • Re: PHP or Perl?Simon Windsor17 Aug
    • Re: PHP or Perl? (or Rebol via TCP/IP)Tim Johnson17 Aug
  • Re: images on databaseLuiz Rafael Culik Guimaraes17 Aug
  • Re: PHP or Perl?Joel Rees18 Aug
Re: PHP or Perl?Amer Neely16 Aug
Re: PHP or Perl?Markus Jais17 Aug
Re: PHP or Perl?Eric Frazier18 Aug
Re: PHP or Perl? (or Rebol via TCP/IP)D De Villiers \(Work- AKURA\)22 Aug
Re: PHP or Perl? (or Rebol via TCP/IP)Work- AKURA)23 Aug
Re: PHP or Perl? (or Rebol via TCP/IP)Work- AKURA)23 Aug