List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:August 8 2003 2:07am
Subject:Re: Corrupt index = mysqld freeze?
View as plain text
In the last episode (Aug 07), Jeremy Zawodny said:
> > I've been on the box at the mysql prompt quite a few times when it
> > has happened and there was always a large amount of threads waiting
> > for a lock to clear, and as soon as they went through nothing could
> > connect, but this doesn't happen everytime we have a large queue,
> > so there must be something else in the mix.  If you think any info
> > I have might help you, let me know.  I'd love to hear any ideas you
> > have.
>
> I don't know how to do this with pthreads but with LT, I'd like to
> identify a few of the pids for the struck threads and then get a
> snapshot of the call stack to see where they're waiting.

The pstack command (ports/sysutils/pstack) knows about FreeBSD's libc_r
threads, so you can run that to get a snapshot of mysql's thread state.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped
Thread
Corrupt index = mysqld freeze?Jennifer Goodie7 Aug
  • Re: Corrupt index = mysqld freeze?Jeremy Zawodny7 Aug
    • RE: Corrupt index = mysqld freeze?Jennifer Goodie8 Aug
      • Re: Corrupt index = mysqld freeze?Jeremy Zawodny8 Aug
        • RE: Corrupt index = mysqld freeze?Jennifer Goodie8 Aug
        • Re: Corrupt index = mysqld freeze?Dan Nelson8 Aug
          • Re: Corrupt index = mysqld freeze?Jeremy Zawodny9 Aug
            • Re: Corrupt index = mysqld freeze?Jeremy Zawodny9 Aug
              • RE: Corrupt index = mysqld freeze?Jennifer Goodie14 Aug
                • Re: Corrupt index = mysqld freeze?Jeremy Zawodny18 Aug
  • Re: Corrupt index = mysqld freeze?Daniel Kasak8 Aug
  • Re: Corrupt index = mysqld freeze?Ask Bjørn Hansen11 Aug