List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 29 1999 6:41pm
Subject:mysqlaccess hangs or refuses to start
View as plain text
>>>>> "Peter" == Peter Traub <peter@stripped> writes:

Peter> When I start mysql access w/no args, it just hangs after giving the version,
> etc. if given args such as
Peter> mysqlaccess root mysql (or any other db name), it output: Sorry,
Peter> An error occured when trying to connect to the database
Peter> with the grant-tables:
Peter> * Maybe YOU do not have READ-access to this database?
Peter> * If you used the -U option, you may have supplied an invalid username?
Peter> for the superuser?
Peter> * If you used the -U option, it may be possible you have to supply
Peter> a superuser-password to, with the -P option?
Peter> * If you used the -P option, you may have supplied an invalid password?

Peter> When i turn the -w flag on in the script, it loops through the following error
> messages:

Peter> Use of uninitialized value at mysqlaccess line 1194, <MYSQL_A> chunk 3.
Peter> Use of uninitialized value at mysqlaccess line 1196, <MYSQL_A> chunk 3.
Peter> Use of uninitialized value at mysqlaccess line 1198, <MYSQL_A> chunk 3.
Peter> Use of uninitialized value at mysqlaccess line 3055, <MYSQL_A> chunk 3.

Peter> I have tried using the -U and -P options, but just get the same response. All
> other aspects of MySQL appear to
Peter> work fine. I have searched the archives for others with the same problem, but
> only found similar ones that didn't
Peter> seem to apply. Many thanks in advance for any help provided.

Hi!

Could you check with 'mysqladmin proc' what the MySQL server is using
when this happens?  Is 'mysqlaccess' connected to it?

Which perl version are you using?

As this works here on my machine (perl 5.004_04), its hard to help you
without much more information...

Regards,
Monty

Thread
mysqlaccess hangs or refuses to startPeter Traub28 Sep
  • mysqlaccess hangs or refuses to startMichael Widenius29 Sep