List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Adam Fortuno Date:August 3 2003 10:06pm
Subject:Re: Nested SELECT statements problem
View as plain text
What version of MySQL are you using?

Regards,
A$

On Saturday, August 2, 2003, at 11:45 PM, Pascal Délisle wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I try to figure out how to use a nested "SELECT" statement after the
> "IN" predicate.  For example, when I try this code, it doesn't return
> anything although it should:
>

> SELECT book.IDLivre, aut.Prenom, aut.Nom FROM livre book,
> livreEcritPar ecr, auteur aut WHERE ecr.IDLivre = book.IDLivre AND
> aut.IDAuteur = ecr.IDAuteur AND book.IDLivre IN ("SELECT book.IDLivre
> FROM livre book, livreEcritPar ecr, auteur aut WHERE aut.Prenom like
> '%$firstName%' AND aut.Nom like '%$name%' AND ecr.IDAuteur =
> aut.IDAuteur AND book.IDLivre = ecr.IDLivre");
>

> So, my question is the following:  How should I change syntax in order
> to make this bunch of code work?  I mean, under Oracle SQL, this
> syntax would be legal and work perfectly, so I'm confused how to solve
> my problem.
>
> Thanks in advance!

Nested SELECT statements problemPascal Délisle3 Aug
  • Re: Nested SELECT statements problemDan Nelson3 Aug
    • Re: Nested SELECT statements problemInc Eternal Designs3 Aug
  • RE: Nested SELECT statements problemLin Yu3 Aug
    • Re: Nested SELECT statements problemPascal Délisle3 Aug
      • Re: Nested SELECT statements problemPascal Délisle3 Aug
        • Re: Nested SELECT statements problemJim McAtee3 Aug
          • Re: Nested SELECT statements problemPascal Délisle3 Aug
        • Re: Nested SELECT statements problemMatthew McNicol3 Aug
        • Re: Nested SELECT statements problemDan Nelson3 Aug
  • Re: Nested SELECT statements problemAdam Fortuno4 Aug