List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 29 1999 6:43pm
Subject:MySQL run-away process(?)
View as plain text
>>>>> "Timothy" == Timothy Chi <tchi@stripped> writes:

Timothy> I have two unique installations of MySQL, that continue to show MySQL with a
Timothy> high CPU % utilitization.  Does anyone have any ideas as to why this might
Timothy> be?   I found this in the docs, but am not sure if this is the correct
Timothy> reason for the symptoms I'm experiencing below:

<cut>

The above depens on what MySQL is doing.  Try to monitor MySQL with
the following command:

mysqladmin -i2 proc ext

Timothy> Also, I noticed that my Solaris installations only have one unique mysqld
Timothy> process running at any given point, whereas my Linux installations often
Timothy> have many different mysqld processes.  Is this how mysql is supposed to
Timothy> behave on Solaris?

Yes.  On Linux threads shows up on ps;  This is not the case on
Solaris.

Yours,
Monty

*************** Warning commercial signature follows **********
If you like TCX's concept of a 'mostly free' database and free
advice, you should at least CONSIDER supporting us, so that we can
afford to continue this service up.   http://www.mysql.com/

Thread
MySQL run-away process(?)Timothy Chi28 Sep
  • MySQL run-away process(?)Michael Widenius29 Sep