List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thimble Smith Date:April 6 1999 6:15pm
Subject:Re: Full text search?
View as plain text
On Tue, Apr 06, 1999 at 07:36:05AM -0400, Fraser MacKenzie wrote:
> About 3 months ago, you were talking about a full text search being
> implemented into mysql

About 1 month ago I asked the same question, and the answer was that
development of the full-text searching is dependent on some features
in 3.23.  So, once the alpha of 3.23 is available, then other people
(i.e., SerG, if he's still around) can start working on the full-
text search again.  I don't think anyone has a useful 'expected by'
date for the searching stuff.

Tim
Thread
varchar vs textSasha Pachev5 Apr
  • varchar vs textMichael Widenius6 Apr
    • Re: varchar vs textPaul DuBois6 Apr
  • Re: varchar vs textSasha Pachev6 Apr
    • Full text search?Fraser MacKenzie6 Apr
      • Re: Full text search?Thimble Smith6 Apr
        • Re: Full text search?Michael Widenius10 Apr
    • Re: varchar vs textMichael Widenius10 Apr