List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Pascal Délisle Date:August 3 2003 3:45am
Subject:Nested SELECT statements problem
View as plain text
Hi!

I try to figure out how to use a nested "SELECT" statement after the
"IN" predicate.  For example, when I try this code, it doesn't return
anything although it should:

SELECT book.IDLivre, aut.Prenom, aut.Nom FROM livre book, livreEcritPar
ecr, auteur aut WHERE ecr.IDLivre = book.IDLivre AND aut.IDAuteur =
ecr.IDAuteur AND book.IDLivre IN ("SELECT book.IDLivre FROM livre book,
livreEcritPar ecr, auteur aut WHERE aut.Prenom like '%$firstName%' AND
aut.Nom like '%$name%' AND ecr.IDAuteur = aut.IDAuteur AND book.IDLivre
= ecr.IDLivre");

So, my question is the following:  How should I change syntax in order
to make this bunch of code work?  I mean, under Oracle SQL, this syntax
would be legal and work perfectly, so I'm confused how to solve my
problem.

Thanks in advance!

Thread
Nested SELECT statements problemPascal Délisle3 Aug
  • Re: Nested SELECT statements problemDan Nelson3 Aug
    • Re: Nested SELECT statements problemInc Eternal Designs3 Aug
  • RE: Nested SELECT statements problemLin Yu3 Aug
    • Re: Nested SELECT statements problemPascal Délisle3 Aug
      • Re: Nested SELECT statements problemPascal Délisle3 Aug
        • Re: Nested SELECT statements problemJim McAtee3 Aug
          • Re: Nested SELECT statements problemPascal Délisle3 Aug
        • Re: Nested SELECT statements problemMatthew McNicol3 Aug
        • Re: Nested SELECT statements problemDan Nelson3 Aug
  • Re: Nested SELECT statements problemAdam Fortuno4 Aug