List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 29 1999 5:19pm
Subject:Compiling error message on DEC/OFS1
View as plain text
>>>>> "yshung" == yshung  <big5> writes:

yshung> Dear All:
yshung> I have one Alpha 1000 BOX with Digital Unix 4.0F. And I ftp the
yshung> MySQL version 3.22.26a(source version), followed the Manual to configure
yshung> then typed make, and system showed me the following messages while compiling
yshung> the client subsystem:
yshung> ============================================================================
yshung> =========
yshung> Making all in client
yshung> /bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link cxx  -O   -DDBUG_OFF  -o mysql  mysql.o
yshung> readline.o sql_string.o completion_hash.o ../readline/libreadline.a -lcurses
yshung> libmysqlclient.la -lm
yshung> cxx -O -DDBUG_OFF -o .libs/mysql mysql.o readline.o sql_string.o
yshung> completion_hash.o ../readline/libreadline.a -lcurses .libs/libmysqlclient.so
yshung> -lm -lm -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql
yshung> ld (prelink):
yshung> Can't open: /usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql (No such file or directory)
yshung> ld:
yshung> Can't open: /usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql (No such file or directory)

Hi!

Try compiling without shared libraries by adding the
following option flags to configure:

 --disable-shared

Yours,
Monty

*************** Warning commercial signature follows **********
If you like TCX's concept of a 'mostly free' database and free
advice, you should at least CONSIDER supporting us, so that we can
afford to continue this service up.   http://www.mysql.com/
Thread
Compiling error message on DEC/OFS15552)28 Sep
  • Compiling error message on DEC/OFS1Michael Widenius29 Sep