List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Alex Heiphetz Date:September 29 1999 2:58pm
Subject:Case-sensitive search
View as plain text
I'm having problem making search case-sensitive.
For example, statement

SELECT phone FROM user WHERE user_name like '%Dan%'

returns phones from records where user_name could be  "Johnson, Dan" and
"Vadan, Michael"

What should I do to have only "Dans" with capital "D" returned?

Thanks in advance,
A.Heiphetz

Thread
Case-sensitive searchAlex Heiphetz29 Sep
  • Re: Case-sensitive searchBob Kline29 Sep
  • Re: Case-sensitive searchsasha29 Sep
  • Re: Case-sensitive searchMartin Ramsch29 Sep
  • Re: Bug in last CVSLenz Grimmer25 Jun