List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sergei Golubchik Date:July 30 2003 12:27pm
Subject:Re: fulltext indexing and query speeds?
View as plain text
Hi!

On Jul 29, Niels Larsen wrote:
> Sergei,
>
> Will a future MySQL version combine the current nice and fast word-search
> with ability to add data in finite time? I saw "Make all operations with FULLTEXT
> index faster" on the TODO list .. are you able to say what is in the pipe?

Not really. Some changes are made in 4.1 to make searches faster -
sometimes much faster.
Probably these changes will make inserts will be slightly faster too.
("will" because it's only half-way done)

But as far as inserts are concerned we don't have usable ideas yet of
how to make them significantly faster.
Neither it is any high in the todo :(

Regards,
Sergei

--
   __  ___     ___ ____  __
 / /|_/ / // /\ \/ /_/ / /__  MySQL AB, Senior Software Developer
/_/  /_/\_, /___/\___\_\___/  Osnabrueck, Germany
       <___/  www.mysql.com
Thread
How to know the maxmimum length of data in a perticular column?Karam Chand28 Jul
  • Re: How to know the maxmimum length of data in a perticular column?Dan Nelson28 Jul
    • fulltext indexing and query speeds?Niels Larsen28 Jul
      • Re: fulltext indexing and query speeds?Sergei Golubchik28 Jul
    • Re: How to know the maxmimum length of data in a perticular column?Karam Chand29 Jul
      • Category System schemaAlex Pilson29 Jul
        • RE: Category System schemaPeter Lovatt29 Jul
Re: fulltext indexing and query speeds?Sergei Golubchik29 Jul
  • Re: fulltext indexing and query speeds?Niels Larsen29 Jul
    • Re: fulltext indexing and query speeds?Sergei Golubchik30 Jul