List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Nick Arnett Date:July 29 2003 9:18pm
Subject:RE: Really slow shutdown with Innodb, db not accessible?
View as plain text

That's good to hear.  W2K tells me I don't have permission to kill the
process, despite having all admin privileges, so I'll look into that now.
Soon, this database will move to Linux or BSD, I hope.

> Why did you set fast_shutdown=0?

I'm asking myself the same question... ;-)  I really don't remember.  The
last time I changed the config was when I started using Innodb, four or five
months ago.  Don't know what the heck I was thinking.

> By the way, I am not sure the setting really affects the variable value at
> all, since in versions < 4.0.15 there was a bug that it was specified as a
> NO_ARG parameter.

I noticed some of your other messages about that.  It's probably time for me
to update.

Thanks very much.  I really appreciate the speed with which you respond (not
just to my messages, I read the list regularly).

Nick

Thread
Really slow shutdown with Innodb, db not accessible?Nick Arnett29 Jul
Re: Really slow shutdown with Innodb, db not accessible?Heikki Tuuri29 Jul
  • RE: Really slow shutdown with Innodb, db not accessible?Nick Arnett29 Jul