List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 29 1999 12:10pm
Subject:sql_big_result info?
View as plain text
>>>>> "Rick" == Rick Moore <lrmoore@stripped> writes:

Rick> I did a search on the manual and couldn't find any information on this
Rick> keyword.  I understand when it should be applied :) but what does it do?

Rick> Rick

I have now updated the MySQL manual with the following:

SQL_BIG_RESULT can be used with GROUP BY or DISTINCT
to tell the optimizer that the result set will have many rows.  In this case,
MySQL will directly use disk based temporary tables if needed.
MySQL will in this case prefer to do a sort instead doing a
temporary table with a key on the GROUP BY elements.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
LIMIT modifierd e l   d h a n o a27 Sep
  • RE: LIMIT modifierbkline27 Sep
    • sql_big_result info?Rick Moore27 Sep
      • sql_big_result info?Michael Widenius29 Sep
    • Re: sql_big_result info?Tonu Samuel27 Sep
    • SUM() bug?Rick Moore27 Sep
      • RE: SUM() bug?bkline28 Sep
    • Re: LIMIT modifierRonald Beck28 Sep