List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:September 29 1999 12:40pm
Subject:Re: easy datetime question
View as plain text
>the documentation says a datetime data type will default fill in the
>current date/time when set to null as well as under a number of other
>conditions. I can't get it to automagically insert a date/time at all no
>matter what I try. Sorry for the lame newbie question, but, any help? :)

Please tell what documentation you're referring to and where it says
this.  If it does, it's an error, because it's the TIMESTAMP type
that behaves as you describe, not DATETIME.

Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
easy datetime questionGregg Carrier29 Sep
  • Re: easy datetime questionMartin Ramsch29 Sep
  • Re: easy datetime questionBob Kline29 Sep
  • Re: easy datetime questionPaul DuBois29 Sep