List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:b b Date:July 29 2003 6:01am
Subject:mysqlMax vs mysql
View as plain text
 When installing the mysql4 binary it works fine. When
installing the mysql max4 binary I get the following
message when I try to run mysqld_safe. I am running
linux redhat 9.1. Would anyone know why this is

030728 23:54:57  mysqld started
030728 23:54:58  bdb:
/usr/local/mysql/data/log.0000000001: Permission
030728 23:54:58  bdb:  PANIC: Permission denied
030728 23:54:58  Can't init databases
030728 23:54:58  Aborting

030728 23:54:58  /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld: Shutdown

030728 23:54:58  mysqld ended

 If mysql max is hopeless, how would you propose one
could get around to using transactions and stored
procedures since mysql alone doesn't do it.

Do you Yahoo!?
mysqlMax vs mysqlb b29 Jul
  • Re: mysqlMax vs mysqlEgor Egorov29 Jul