List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jim McAtee Date:July 23 2003 10:12pm
Subject:Re: Is it necessary to compress tables?
View as plain text
> > Since I received no responses, maybe someone can take a moment to
> > explain why this is such a stupid question.
>
> Maybe not stupid, but definitely "please see the manual" questions.
>
> Answers to Question 1:
> http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/DELETE.html
> http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Optimisation.html
> http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/OPTIMIZE_TABLE.html
>
> Answer to Question 2:
> http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/ALTER_TABLE.html

Hey, RTFM works for me.  I appreciate the links.  I guess I just wouldn't
normally expect an explanation of the inner workings of MySQL deletions and
table optimization under a section titled "DELETE Syntax".

Thread
Is it necessary to compress tables?Jim McAtee23 Jul
  • Re: Is it necessary to compress tables?Jim McAtee23 Jul
    • Re: Is it necessary to compress tables?Dan Nelson23 Jul
    • Re[2]: Is it necessary to compress tables?Stefan Hinz24 Jul
    • Replication stopped without reasontrashMan24 Jul
      • Re: Replication stopped without reasonDominicus Donny24 Jul
        • R: Replication stopped without reasontrashMan24 Jul
          • Re: R: Replication stopped without reasonEgor Egorov25 Jul
            • R: R: Replication stopped without reasontrashMan25 Jul
  • Re: Is it necessary to compress tables?Jim McAtee24 Jul
Re: Replication stopped without reasonInfo26 Jul