List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:LaCraze Date:July 21 2003 4:22am
Subject:quotas
View as plain text
Hi,

I am a Redhat user. Presently using RH 7.3 and mysql 3.23. I am doing some
web hosting services. I have system quota installled and enable. Is there a
way, to tell mysql to have individual databases in my user's directories
instead of /var/lib/mysql/ ?

For example user1 has a web space in /home/hostings/user1 and his database
in /home/hostings/user1/data and user2 will have his web space in
/home/hostings/user2 and database in /home/hostings/user2/data

I need to be able to do this as we are renting out disk space. There are
some customers who have their web space quota within the limited but
exceeded in mysql and we are loosing alot of bandwidth too, thus loosing
money.

regards

Thread
quotasLaCraze21 Jul