List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:William R. Mussatto Date:July 15 2003 10:36pm
Subject:Re: How can I display images from a mySQL Database in a web page?
View as plain text
> I think there is a way to insert binary image data in your html, but is
> there any particular reason you need to do that?
>
> First you would need to encode it in some ascii equivalent (check
> w3c.org, I think) ...and it would increase the size of your html page
> while rendering the browser's image cache useless...
>
> This will both increase the page's load time and your server's bandwidth
> requirements, as well as possibly being a pita to implement :-/
>
> I would suggest you store the image filenames in the table, and paste
> that into your html...
>
> -Partap
>

> On 7/15/03 1:25 PM, "Dan Anderson" <dan@stripped> wrote:
>
>> I have created a BLOB field to store images.  Is there any way to
>> embed them within HTML with something like:
>>
>> <image start: jpeg>
>> </image>
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Dan
blob datatype.  But again why do this. use a file system and put the
file's address in the database.

William R. Mussatto, Senior Systems Engineer
Ph. 909-920-9154 ext. 27
FAX. 909-608-7061

Thread
How can I display images from a mySQL Database in a web page?Dan Anderson15 Jul
  • Re: How can I display images from a mySQL Database in a web page?colbey15 Jul
  • Re: How can I display images from a mySQL Database in a web page?Partap Davis16 Jul
    • Re: How can I display images from a mySQL Database in a web page?William R. Mussatto16 Jul
    • Re: How can I display images from a mySQL Database in a web page?Dan Anderson16 Jul
      • Re: How can I display images from a mySQL Database in a web page?Keith C. Ivey16 Jul
      • RE: How can I display images from a mySQL Database in a web page?Jef S16 Jul
  • Re: How can I display images from a mySQL Database in a web page?Peter Burden16 Jul
  • RE: How can I display images from a mySQL Database in a web page?M. Bader16 Jul