List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daniel Kasak Date:July 11 2003 4:01am
Subject:Re: What's up with this GATOR crap?
View as plain text
C. Reeve wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have noticed recently that every time I go to the MySQL manual page I
>get prompted to install Gator spyware. If MySQL condones or is going to
>use spyware, I may have to consider using another database.
>
>This may sound extreme, but I do not condone the use of spyware in any
>form and would hope that others feel the same way.
>
>Comments....

Please remain calm.
You must have gotten Gator on your computer all by yourself because it
certainly doesn't come with MySQL.
Search on Google for 'AdAware'.
Download it. Install it. Run it. Remove Gator.
Be careful what you install from now on.

--
Daniel Kasak
IT Developer

Thread
What's up with this GATOR crap?C. Reeve11 Jul
  • Re: What's up with this GATOR crap?Paul DuBois11 Jul
  • Re: What's up with this GATOR crap?Daniel Kasak11 Jul
    • Re: What's up with this GATOR crap?daniel11 Jul
    • Re: What's up with this GATOR crap?W. D.11 Jul
  • Re: What's up with this GATOR crap?Pete McNeil11 Jul
  • RE: What's up with this GATOR crap?Adam Nelson11 Jul
RE: What's up with this GATOR crap?_Chris McKeever_11 Jul
RE: What's up with this GATOR crap?Taylor Lewick11 Jul