List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 28 1999 12:52pm
Subject:RE: Error found on my_error.c
View as plain text
Hi!

>>>>> "Narvaez," == Narvaez, Teresa <Teresa.Narvaez@stripped>
> writes:

Narvaez,> Hello again,
Narvaez,> 	I wrote a little C program to make use of varargs and it compiled
Narvaez,> with no problems; so, I guess this means that gcc was correctly installed.
Narvaez,> Since my test program compiled with no C flags, I ended up editing the
Narvaez,> Makefile and built everying under client with no CFLAGS.  Now, I have
Narvaez,> the following problem:

Narvaez,> gcc -o testhash testhash.o libmysys.a ../dbug/libdbug.a
Narvaez,> ../strings/libmystrings.a -l
Narvaez,> m -lpthread -lmach -lexc -lc
Narvaez,> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Narvaez,> /bin/ld:
Narvaez,> Unresolved:
Narvaez,> __builtin_va_start
Narvaez,> *** Exit 1
Narvaez,> Stop.

The above problem means that gcc uses a 'stdarg.h' file, which doesn't
come with your gcc compiler.  Please check if you have a stdarg.h
under your gcc-lib directory!

Narvaez,> According the man pages on va_start, it requires only one argument under
Narvaez,> Digital Unix
Narvaez,> 4.0D but all the MySQL source programs pass 2 arguments to va_start.  Does
Narvaez,> this
Narvaez,> mean that this code is not portable for Digital Unix?  Has anyone managed to
Narvaez,> build
Narvaez,> MySQL for digital Unix?

Did you check the man page for 'stdarg' and not 'varargs'?

In stdarg, va_start() will take 2 arguments.  This is according to
ANSI C3.159-1989 .

Could you mail us your test program?

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Error found on my_error.cTeresa Narvaez23 Sep
Re: Error found on my_error.csasha23 Sep
RE: Error found on my_error.cTeresa Narvaez23 Sep
RE: Error found on my_error.cJani Tolonen24 Sep
RE: Error found on my_error.cMichael Widenius24 Sep
RE: Error found on my_error.cTeresa Narvaez24 Sep
RE: Error found on my_error.cMichael Widenius24 Sep
RE: Error found on my_error.cTeresa Narvaez27 Sep
RE: Error found on my_error.cMichael Widenius28 Sep
RE: Error found on my_error.cTeresa Narvaez28 Sep
RE: Error found on my_error.cbpaduraru28 Sep
  • RE: Error found on my_error.cBob Kline28 Sep
RE: Error found on my_error.cMichael Widenius29 Sep