List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:July 10 2003 6:31am
Subject:Re: stopping innodb engine
View as plain text
At 21:47 +0000 7/9/03, Gustavo A. Baratto wrote:
>Greetings,
>
>What happens if I use the command below when innodb engine is running?
>
>set global have_innodb=0;

You can easily find out by trying it.  (Go ahead, nothing bad will
happen.)

>I want to stop innodb engine without stopping the whole server  for
>backup (most tables are myisam).
>
>Any ideas on how to do that?

You can't. Storage engines like InnoDB or BDB can only be disabled or
enabled at startup time.  have_innodb and have_bdb are indicators
of the availability of these engines; they cannot be set while the
server is running.

--
Paul DuBois, Senior Technical Writer
Madison, Wisconsin, USA

Are you MySQL certified?  http://www.mysql.com/certification/

Thread
stopping innodb engineGustavo A. Baratto10 Jul
  • Re: stopping innodb enginePaul DuBois10 Jul
  • Re: stopping innodb engineGustavo A. Baratto10 Jul
  • Re: stopping innodb engineGustavo A. Baratto10 Jul