List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mark Depenbrock Date:July 9 2003 3:25pm
Subject:Re: InnoDB: Operating system error number 13 in a file operation
View as plain text
Rudy, Egor, Victoria,

Thank you for keeping an eye on me.  I ended up doing a reinstall of
MySQL and have successfully connected.
I feel I have broken through a wall only to find an infinite number of
walls yet to break through.
Such is the adventure I have chosen.

Be at peace,

Mark Depenbrock

On Wednesday, July 9, 2003, at 11:13 AM, Rudy Metzger wrote:

> If you got the error message during creation of the innoDB files (e.g.
> during install) you HAVE TO DELETE all files and restart the
> installation. There is no way around this!
>
> However, if the file got corrupted after installation (e.g. you already
> used it for days) you can repair it (maybe someone changed the file
> permissions and/or ownership). You can change filepermissions on unix
> (linux) with chmod (type 'man chmod') on the command line, and change
> ownership with chown (man chown). You can delete files with 'rm' or
> 'unlink' (again, see the man pages for help)
>
> Cheers
> /rudy

>>> 030708  8:53:49  InnoDB: Operating system error number 13 in a file