List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:July 9 2003 2:07am
Subject:Re: Trouble creating users
View as plain text
At 8:55 -0700 7/8/03, Michael Iatauro wrote:
>>I took once moe a sharp look now that you did a reply with another
>>sample. Actually I was wrong the SQL statement was NOT correct -
>>you forgot the semicolon in the first exapmple ;-)
>

>To my knowledge, the semicolon is unnecessary when using mysql --execute.

That's true -- unless you're using that option to execute multiple
queries. :-) Then you need semicolons as separators.

For example:

mysql --execute "SELECT NOW();SELECT USER()"

--
Paul DuBois, Senior Technical Writer
Madison, Wisconsin, USA

Are you MySQL certified?  http://www.mysql.com/certification/

Thread
Trouble creating usersMichael Iatauro8 Jul
  • concat() differences between mssql and mysqlOoks Server8 Jul
    • Re: concat() differences between mssql and mysqlEgor Egorov8 Jul
      • RE: concat() differences between mssql and mysqlAndy Eastham8 Jul
    • RE: concat() differences between mssql and mysqlDaevid Vincent8 Jul
      • RE: concat() differences between mssql and mysqlPaul DuBois9 Jul
  • Re: Trouble creating usersNils Valentin8 Jul
  • Re: Trouble creating usersMichael Iatauro8 Jul
    • Re: Trouble creating usersNils Valentin8 Jul
  • Re: Trouble creating usersMichael Iatauro8 Jul
    • Re: Trouble creating usersNils Valentin9 Jul
    • Re: Trouble creating usersPaul DuBois9 Jul