List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Nils Valentin Date:July 8 2003 1:15am
Subject:Re: Difference of MySQL Standard and Max Version
View as plain text
Hi Dan,

2003年 7月 8日 火曜日 00:57、Dan Nelson さんは書きました:
> In the last episode (Jul 07), Nils Valentin said:
> > Thank you for the superfast reply. I actually was looking for other
> > information. I understood the actual feature difference of the
> > standard and f.e max version.  Sorry if this didnt came out so clear.
> > I will try to make it clearer.
> >
> > My question was more aiming at what advantages the dynamically
> > linking or the statically linking have (except the memory usage of
> > course). I was thinking when given 2 times the same versions once
> > linked statically and once linked dynamically which one would have
> > which advantages in regards to performance, reliability etc. ?
>
> You can't call dlopen() on a statically-linked binary, so you can't use
> UDFs.  On the other hand, static binaries usually run ~20% faster.

Good points, that was actually what I was looking for - practical values.

Thank you very much.

--
---
Valentin Nils

 E-Mail: nils@stripped
 Personal URL: http://www.knowd.co.jp/staff/nils

Thread
Difference of MySQL Standard and Max VersionNils Valentin7 Jul
  • Re: Difference of MySQL Standard and Max VersionDelfim Machado7 Jul
    • Re: Difference of MySQL Standard and Max VersionNils Valentin7 Jul
      • Re: Difference of MySQL Standard and Max VersionDan Nelson7 Jul
        • Re: Difference of MySQL Standard and Max VersionNils Valentin8 Jul
        • Re: Difference of MySQL Standard and Max VersionJeremy Zawodny17 Jul
          • Re: Difference of MySQL Standard and Max VersionDan Nelson17 Jul