List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Iatauro Date:July 8 2003 12:38am
Subject:Re: Trouble creating users
View as plain text
Thanks for your reply, Nils.

> and then I would like you to take a sharp look at whats left, then there
> should perhaps be something with this part above. Perhaps the " at the very
> end is not escaped correctly (double) or something similar. The actual SQL
> statement works perfectly fine.

I thought that, too, but there seems to be no difference between the two
statements on Linux and Solaris.  Mucking about with commands, however,
the following:

eval "/path/to/mysql --user=root --password=******
--socket=/path/to/sock --database=mysql --execute=\"grant all on
PlanWorks.* to 'LocalUser' identified by '******';\""
eval "/path/to/mysql --user=root --password=******
--socket=/path/to/sock --database=mysql --execute=\"grant alter , delete
, drop , file , index , insert , select , shutdown , update on *.* to
'LocalUser';\""

works on Linux but not Solaris.  I'd like not to introduce the
complexity of checking for the operating system type and executing a
different set of commands.  Does anybody know how I can avoid that?

Thread
Trouble creating usersMichael Iatauro8 Jul
  • concat() differences between mssql and mysqlOoks Server8 Jul
    • Re: concat() differences between mssql and mysqlEgor Egorov8 Jul
      • RE: concat() differences between mssql and mysqlAndy Eastham8 Jul
    • RE: concat() differences between mssql and mysqlDaevid Vincent8 Jul
      • RE: concat() differences between mssql and mysqlPaul DuBois9 Jul
  • Re: Trouble creating usersNils Valentin8 Jul
  • Re: Trouble creating usersMichael Iatauro8 Jul
    • Re: Trouble creating usersNils Valentin8 Jul
  • Re: Trouble creating usersMichael Iatauro8 Jul
    • Re: Trouble creating usersNils Valentin9 Jul
    • Re: Trouble creating usersPaul DuBois9 Jul