List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ooks Server Date:July 7 2003 11:37pm
Subject:concat() differences between mssql and mysql
View as plain text
I've run into a problem with the behavior of concat(). If I have two fields,
char(10), and I do this:

concat(field1,fields)

With MSSQL I get both fields including trailing spaces. With MYSql, I get
the two fields with the trailing spaces trimmed. Example:

Field1 = "abc       "
Field2 = "qwerty    "

MSSQL -> concat( field1, fields) -> "abc       qwerty    "
MYSQL -> concat( field1, fields) -> "abcqwerty"

How do I get Mysql to behave like MSSQL does? I need it to concatenate the
fields without stripping the trailing spaces.

Thread
Trouble creating usersMichael Iatauro8 Jul
  • concat() differences between mssql and mysqlOoks Server8 Jul
    • Re: concat() differences between mssql and mysqlEgor Egorov8 Jul
      • RE: concat() differences between mssql and mysqlAndy Eastham8 Jul
    • RE: concat() differences between mssql and mysqlDaevid Vincent8 Jul
      • RE: concat() differences between mssql and mysqlPaul DuBois9 Jul
  • Re: Trouble creating usersNils Valentin8 Jul
  • Re: Trouble creating usersMichael Iatauro8 Jul
    • Re: Trouble creating usersNils Valentin8 Jul
  • Re: Trouble creating usersMichael Iatauro8 Jul
    • Re: Trouble creating usersNils Valentin9 Jul
    • Re: Trouble creating usersPaul DuBois9 Jul