List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Iatauro Date:July 7 2003 11:28pm
Subject:Trouble creating users
View as plain text
I've been having a little trouble creating users cross-platform.  I have
a little script that works just fine on Solaris 8 using this command:

eval "/path/to/mysql --user=root --password=*****
--socket=/path/to/socket --database=mysql --execute=\"INSERT INTO user
(Host, User, Password, Select_priv, Insert_priv, Update_priv,
Delete_priv, Shutdown_priv, File_priv, Create_tmp_table_priv,
Lock_tables_priv) VALUES ('localhost', 'LocalUser', PASSWORD('******'),
'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y')\""

With the obvious changes to make the statement actually work.  However,
if I move this over to Linux, I get Invalid Authorization Specification
errors when I try to connect as LocalUser after a reload, and using
GRANT seems never actually to grant privileges (e.g. no "Y"s in the user
table).  Does anybody know how I can successfully create a user with my
script?

~Michael Iatauro

Thread
Trouble creating usersMichael Iatauro8 Jul
  • concat() differences between mssql and mysqlOoks Server8 Jul
    • Re: concat() differences between mssql and mysqlEgor Egorov8 Jul
      • RE: concat() differences between mssql and mysqlAndy Eastham8 Jul
    • RE: concat() differences between mssql and mysqlDaevid Vincent8 Jul
      • RE: concat() differences between mssql and mysqlPaul DuBois9 Jul
  • Re: Trouble creating usersNils Valentin8 Jul
  • Re: Trouble creating usersMichael Iatauro8 Jul
    • Re: Trouble creating usersNils Valentin8 Jul
  • Re: Trouble creating usersMichael Iatauro8 Jul
    • Re: Trouble creating usersNils Valentin9 Jul
    • Re: Trouble creating usersPaul DuBois9 Jul