List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Delfim Machado Date:July 7 2003 9:18am
Subject:Re: Difference of MySQL Standard and Max Version
View as plain text
http://www.mysql.com/downloads/mysql-4.0.html

The Standard binaries are recommended for most users, and includes the
InnoDB storage engine. The Max version includes additional features such
as the Berkeley DB storage engine and other features that have not been
exhaustively tested or are not required for general usage, such as
user-defined functions (UDFs), and BIG_TABLE support. When these
features have matured and proven to be stable, they will be incorporated
into future releases of the Standard binaries. The Debug binaries have
been compiled with extra debug information, and are not intended for
production use, because the included debugging code may cause reduced
performance.

On Mon, 2003-07-07 at 10:11, Nils Valentin wrote:
> Hi MySQL Fans ;-);
>
> I know that the MySQL Max Server Version is app. 7MB big while the Standard
> Version is 10MB big. Having looked further into the downloaded files than I
> see that the max version is dynamically linked while the standard version is
> statically linked.
>
> What is the reason for the different approaches ?
> Is it possible to say that f.e given the same features for statically or
> dynamically linked MySQL versions, that the one or the other would have a
> advantage (f.e faster for requests, more reliable etc.).
>

> Best regards
>
> --
> ---
> Valentin Nils
> Internet Technology
>
>  E-Mail: nils@stripped
>  Personal URL: http://www.knowd.co.jp/staff/nils

Thread
Difference of MySQL Standard and Max VersionNils Valentin7 Jul
  • Re: Difference of MySQL Standard and Max VersionDelfim Machado7 Jul
    • Re: Difference of MySQL Standard and Max VersionNils Valentin7 Jul
      • Re: Difference of MySQL Standard and Max VersionDan Nelson7 Jul
        • Re: Difference of MySQL Standard and Max VersionNils Valentin8 Jul
        • Re: Difference of MySQL Standard and Max VersionJeremy Zawodny17 Jul
          • Re: Difference of MySQL Standard and Max VersionDan Nelson17 Jul