List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Nils Valentin Date:July 7 2003 9:11am
Subject:Difference of MySQL Standard and Max Version
View as plain text
Hi MySQL Fans ;-);

I know that the MySQL Max Server Version is app. 7MB big while the Standard
Version is 10MB big. Having looked further into the downloaded files than I
see that the max version is dynamically linked while the standard version is
statically linked.

What is the reason for the different approaches ?
Is it possible to say that f.e given the same features for statically or
dynamically linked MySQL versions, that the one or the other would have a
advantage (f.e faster for requests, more reliable etc.).

Best regards

--
---
Valentin Nils

 E-Mail: nils@stripped
 Personal URL: http://www.knowd.co.jp/staff/nils

Thread
Difference of MySQL Standard and Max VersionNils Valentin7 Jul
  • Re: Difference of MySQL Standard and Max VersionDelfim Machado7 Jul
    • Re: Difference of MySQL Standard and Max VersionNils Valentin7 Jul
      • Re: Difference of MySQL Standard and Max VersionDan Nelson7 Jul
        • Re: Difference of MySQL Standard and Max VersionNils Valentin8 Jul
        • Re: Difference of MySQL Standard and Max VersionJeremy Zawodny17 Jul
          • Re: Difference of MySQL Standard and Max VersionDan Nelson17 Jul