List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:April 6 1999 9:43am
Subject:[MySQL] linker prolblem
View as plain text
hi!

<cut>

Ray> Environment:

Ray> System: FreeBSD 4.X
Ray> Architecture: Intel hardware I guess which the ISP may be using
Ray> Some paths:
Ray>              header files   /usr/local/include/mysql
Ray>              Lib files      /usr/local/lib/mysql
Ray> gcc version 2.7.2.3

Ray>    I have been have this problem for a while now and I have asked this
Ray> question before but I can't get past this problem.  I have looked though
Ray> the archives but no answer.  The onl;y information related to my problem
Ray> in the mySQL manual is about adding the math lib to help linking and but
Ray> no help.
Ray>    I am trying to get just connection help to mysql through a C program
Ray> using C API's but I get the same error in the linking process.

Ray> Error:

Ray> $ gcc -I/usr/local/include/mysql program.c -L/usr/local/lib/mysql
Ray> -lmysqlclient -o program
Ray> /var/tmp/ccXW16381.o: Undefined symbol `_mysql_init' referenced from
Ray> text segment

mysql_init() was introduced in MySQL 3.22.

Fix:

Remove all calls from mysql_init() in your program!

Note that as you don't get any warnings that 'mysql_init' is
undefined, there is a change that you are linking your programs with
include files from MySQL 3.22 !
Please verify that mysql.h doesn't have any references to 'mysql_init' !

Regards,
Monty

Thread
[MySQL] linker prolblemRay Yous5 Apr
  • Re: [MySQL] linker prolblemCharles Kirby5 Apr
  • [MySQL] linker prolblemMichael Widenius6 Apr