List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 27 1999 2:44pm
Subject:Problem with configure even thet I tried to use CC instead of gcc
View as plain text
<cut>

Afgin> As you can see I tried to change it to work with the compiler of the
Afgin> Sun but it seem to me that it still use the old GNU compiler.

Try the following configure line.  It works at least for me with
SunPRO 4.2

CC=cc CFLAGS="-xstrconst -Xa -xO4 -native -mt" CXX=CC CXXFLAGS="-xO4 -native -noex -mt"
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql

<cut>

Afgin> configure:5064: checking size of char
Afgin> configure:5083: gcc -o conftest -O6   -DDBUG_OFF -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
> -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64    conftest.c -ldl -lnsl -lm  -lsocket  -lz -lcrypt -lgen
> -lpthread -lthread  1>&5
Afgin> configure: failed program was:
Afgin> #line 5072 "configure"
Afgin> #include "confdefs.h"
Afgin> #include <stdio.h>
Afgin> main()
Afgin> {
Afgin> FILE *f=fopen("conftestval", "w");
Afgin> if (!f) exit(1);
Afgin> fprintf(f, "%d\n", sizeof(char));
Afgin> exit(0);
Afgin> }

Another option is to compile the above program with the above compile
line and check the error message.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Problem with configure even thet I tried to use CC instead of gccAfgin Shlomit27 Sep
  • Problem with configure even thet I tried to use CC instead of gccMichael Widenius27 Sep