List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 27 1999 8:05pm
Subject:MySQL is now running but same problem!! (was: MySQL on ALPHA-LINUX)
View as plain text
>>>>> "Horst" == Horst Reiterer <horst@stripped> writes:

Horst> Hi,
Horst> now I manage compiling MySQL on the Alpha, with the low-memory option.
Horst> Everything seemed to work fine, BLOBs are working, VARCHARS and TEXT is
Horst> working either, moreover MySQL isn't hanging anymore.

Horst> The first problem is that I'm getting the following errors when MySQL is
Horst> running:

Horst> 990927  6:24:54  Aborted connection 134 to db: 'db' user: 'user
Horst> ' (Got an error reading communication packets)
Horst> 990927  6:25:29  Aborted connection 135 to db: 'db' user: 'user
Horst> ' (Got an error reading communication packets)
Horst> 990927  6:26:03  Aborted connection 136 to db: 'db' user: 'user
Horst> ' (Got an error reading communication packets)
Horst> 990927  6:26:05  Aborted connection 137 to db: 'db' user: 'user
Horst> ' (Got an error reading communication packets)

The above means that MySQL got an error in sql/net.c when it tried to
read a packet from the client.  This is definitely not normal!

Horst> These errors aren't noticable when working with the server, so I could
Horst> definitely live with them.

Horst> The main problem is that MySQL is going insane after about one day of the
Horst> first launch. There is nothing in the error logs, it also seems that it's up
Horst> 'cause safe_mysqld and the chields are running, they are even accepting
Horst> connections. The problem is that after accepting connections MySQL doesn't
Horst> seem to do anything more which causes all other programs accessing MySQL at
Horst> that time to "hangs" either 'cause they're waiting

Horst> Does anybody have any idea or experienced the same. Any help is greatly
Horst> appreciated.

I would put my money on that this is still a problem with the glibc
library.  The major problem is that we haven't yet got our Alpha from
Alpha Processors so we can't yet debug this ourselves.

Does SUSE have any update of glibc for Alpha?
Do you also get this problem if you run the MySQL benchmarks?

Regards,
Monty
Thread
MySQL is now running but same problem!! (was: MySQL on ALPHA-LINUX)Horst Reiterer27 Sep
  • MySQL is now running but same problem!! (was: MySQL on ALPHA-LINUX)Michael Widenius27 Sep