List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 27 1999 10:57am
Subject:Re: Tables continually getting corrupted
View as plain text

Ed> On Mon, 27 Sep 1999, Adrian Sisser wrote:
>> I run isamchk with -e.  I don't acutally shutdown mysql to run isamchk.  I
>> run mysqladmin flush-tables first.  I know that nobody is altering the table
>> while I run the check.  I rarely shutdown the database - only when I reboot
>> the system.

Ed> I have the exact same problem.  Try running with the -c option instead of
Ed> -e, I think you'll be surprised at the results.

Hi!

Note that only myisamchk (not isamchk) has the -c option.  This is the
same thing as running isamchk without any options.

myisamchk -c is a 'small fast check', while 'myisamchk -e' is a
'through check'.  Normally -c (or no options) should be enough,  but
if one still suspects corruption then one should try -e.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Tables continually getting corruptedasisser27 Sep
  • Re: Tables continually getting corruptedEd Carp27 Sep
    • Re: Tables continually getting corruptedAdrian Sisser27 Sep
      • Re: Tables continually getting corruptedEd Carp27 Sep
        • Re: Tables continually getting corruptedMichael Widenius27 Sep
      • Re: Tables continually getting corruptedMichael Widenius27 Sep
      • Re: Tables continually getting corruptedPaul DuBois27 Sep