List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 27 1999 10:55am
Subject:Re: Tables continually getting corrupted
View as plain text
>>>>> "Adrian" == Adrian Sisser <asisser@stripped> writes:

Adrian> I run isamchk with -e.  I don't acutally shutdown mysql to run isamchk.  I
Adrian> run mysqladmin flush-tables first.  I know that nobody is altering the table
Adrian> while I run the check.  I rarely shutdown the database - only when I reboot
Adrian> the system.

Hi!

In this case I suggest you follow the method outlined in the MySQL
manual;  Take a backup of a set of checked tables and start mysqld
with --log-update.  This will make it possible to reproduce the
problem if it happens again.  Anything that is reproduceable is
fixable!

Please read also the MySQL manual sections at:

http://www.tcx.se/Manual_chapter/manual_toc.html

'What to do if MySQL keeps crashing' and 'Debugging a MySQL server'

Yours,
Monty
Thread
Tables continually getting corruptedasisser27 Sep
  • Re: Tables continually getting corruptedEd Carp27 Sep
    • Re: Tables continually getting corruptedAdrian Sisser27 Sep
      • Re: Tables continually getting corruptedEd Carp27 Sep
        • Re: Tables continually getting corruptedMichael Widenius27 Sep
      • Re: Tables continually getting corruptedMichael Widenius27 Sep
      • Re: Tables continually getting corruptedPaul DuBois27 Sep