List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 27 1999 10:43am
Subject:speed problem
View as plain text
>>>>> "Jack" == Jack Wang <jack.w@stripped> writes:

Jack> Hi,all,
Jack> I have developed a project with MySQL and servlet in windows 98 platform.
Jack> Now I hosting the project web in a ISP's server. In my local developing
Jack> environment, the speed is fast, I can browse the dynamical html page
Jack> retrived from MySQL in 1 to 2 seconds, and the servlet engine is JRUN.

Jack> But when the web is transfered to ISP's machine, the speed is very very
Jack> sloooooowwwwwwwwwww, about 20 seconds, the ISP's machine is also setup with
Jack> MySQL and JRUN, where is the problem?

Jack> Any help are appreciated very much, any help, any help, I am eager for
Jack> resolving the problem.

Hi!

You should first have to run some test to conclude what is taking
time. Connecting to MySQL, the MySQL query, JRUN or transfering the
web page to you.

Have you tried to run the queries with the 'mysql' prompt against your
ISP?   Does it take a long time to connect?  Is the query fast or
slow?

You can find information how to do a correct bug report at:

http://www.tcx.se/Manual_chapter/manual_Questions.html#Asking_questions

PLEASE read the above before reposting your question, this will save us all
a lot of time!

Yours,
Monty
Thread