List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joel Shellman Date:April 5 1999 8:57pm
Subject:Re: MySQL on LinuxPPC, last call
View as plain text
Martin Koistinen wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> A while ago I requested that if _anyone_ has mySQL running on LinuxPPC that
> I'd like to hear from them -- just a "yes, I'm running it..." would be fine.
>
> I just want to know if it is possible _at_all_ as I don't want to waste a
> bunch of time trying to get it to run of no one else was able to do it
> either.
>
> I have seen the notes in some of the archives on hints but I haven't heard
> from ANY real users if it is up and running anywhere on a real-world
> machine.
>
> Thanks again.
> Martin Koistinen

Check out:
http://synapse.knocean.com/

That banner exchange network is running off a PowerMac 750 (I think
that's the right number), G3 300Mhz with a recent source distribution of
MySQL (downloaded, built and installed a couple weeks ago).

I found two posts in the archives that helped me make it work. I have
LinuxPPC 4.1 CD distribution. The glibc is NOT new enough on there. It
has version 1h, I downloaded and used 1o to make it work. Also there are
a few compiler options:
CXX=gcc
CXXFLAGS=-felide-constructors -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti

I think that's right. After doing that it's been working just great!

Good luck,
--
Joel Shellman
knOcean Interactive Corporation