List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jeremy Zawodny Date:June 24 2003 8:44pm
Subject:Re: Anyone had a chance to try an Opteron yet?
View as plain text
On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 01:25:25PM -0700, Gabriel Guzman wrote:

> not exactly relevant to this discussion but... Apple did just release
> the new G5, 64bit PowerMacs.  Could be another alternative for the
> inexpensive 64bit market.  Granted, they don't ship until august, but
> they are nice to look at:
>
> http://www.apple.com/powermac/
>
> from their site:
>
> The Power Mac G5 is the world's fastest personal computer and the first
> with a 64-bit processor - which means it breaks the 4 gigabyte barrier
> and can use up to 8 gigabytes of main memory. The new G5 processor -
> available at speeds up to dual 2GHz with a new ultrahigh-bandwidth
> system architecture featuring AGP 8X and PCI-X - makes the Power Mac G5
> a breakthrough in desktop processing power. And models start at just
> $1999.

Strangely, I didn't see an Xserve models with the G5 announced yet.

Did I miss that?
<Jeremy@stripped>  |  http://jeremy.zawodny.com/

MySQL 4.0.13: up 21 days, processed 674,756,009 queries (361/sec. avg)
Thread
Browsing TablesDeosaran Bisnath24 Jun
  • Re: Browsing TablesMojtaba Faridzad24 Jun
  • Re: Browsing Tablesj.urban24 Jun
  • Anyone had a chance to try an Opteron yet?David Griffiths24 Jun
    • Re: Anyone had a chance to try an Opteron yet?Dan Nelson24 Jun
      • Re: Anyone had a chance to try an Opteron yet?Mike Wexler24 Jun
    • Re: Anyone had a chance to try an Opteron yet?Mark Matthews24 Jun
    • Re: Anyone had a chance to try an Opteron yet?Curtis Maurand24 Jun
      • Re: Anyone had a chance to try an Opteron yet?Jeremy Zawodny24 Jun
        • Re: Anyone had a chance to try an Opteron yet?Curtis Maurand26 Jun
    • Re: Anyone had a chance to try an Opteron yet?Lenz Grimmer25 Jun
      • Re: Anyone had a chance to try an Opteron yet?Per Andreas Buer30 Jun
  • Re: Anyone had a chance to try an Opteron yet?David Griffiths24 Jun
  • Re: Anyone had a chance to try an Opteron yet?Michael Conlen24 Jun
    • Re: Anyone had a chance to try an Opteron yet?Gabriel Guzman24 Jun
      • Re: Anyone had a chance to try an Opteron yet?Jeremy Zawodny24 Jun
    • Re: Anyone had a chance to try an Opteron yet?Mike Wexler24 Jun
RE: Anyone had a chance to try an Opteron yet?David Brodbeck25 Jun
Re: Anyone had a chance to try an Opteron yet?KEITH COMER26 Jun