List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:June 24 2003 7:09pm
Subject:Re: Anyone had a chance to try an Opteron yet?
View as plain text
In the last episode (Jun 24), David Griffiths said:
> I'm surprised there is not more interest in this; is it that not many
> work with large-ish (10+ gig) databases that need high-end
> performance?

I think we have a mysql database running on Tru64, and I'm sure it runs
great on Solaris.  My guess is the people that needed over 2gb of RAM
have switched to 64-bit CPUs long ago.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped
Thread
Browsing TablesDeosaran Bisnath24 Jun
  • Re: Browsing TablesMojtaba Faridzad24 Jun
  • Re: Browsing Tablesj.urban24 Jun
  • Anyone had a chance to try an Opteron yet?David Griffiths24 Jun
    • Re: Anyone had a chance to try an Opteron yet?Dan Nelson24 Jun
      • Re: Anyone had a chance to try an Opteron yet?Mike Wexler24 Jun
    • Re: Anyone had a chance to try an Opteron yet?Mark Matthews24 Jun
    • Re: Anyone had a chance to try an Opteron yet?Curtis Maurand24 Jun
      • Re: Anyone had a chance to try an Opteron yet?Jeremy Zawodny24 Jun
        • Re: Anyone had a chance to try an Opteron yet?Curtis Maurand26 Jun
    • Re: Anyone had a chance to try an Opteron yet?Lenz Grimmer25 Jun
      • Re: Anyone had a chance to try an Opteron yet?Per Andreas Buer30 Jun
  • Re: Anyone had a chance to try an Opteron yet?David Griffiths24 Jun
  • Re: Anyone had a chance to try an Opteron yet?Michael Conlen24 Jun
    • Re: Anyone had a chance to try an Opteron yet?Gabriel Guzman24 Jun
      • Re: Anyone had a chance to try an Opteron yet?Jeremy Zawodny24 Jun
    • Re: Anyone had a chance to try an Opteron yet?Mike Wexler24 Jun
RE: Anyone had a chance to try an Opteron yet?David Brodbeck25 Jun
Re: Anyone had a chance to try an Opteron yet?KEITH COMER26 Jun