List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jason W. Date:April 5 1999 8:46pm
Subject:multiple server problems....
View as plain text
I have a few questions about running  mySQL
with multiple servers using the same NFS
mounted data.   I have read the mailing list
archives about this subject but I still have
a few questions that need answered.

We are running Solaris 2.6 servers using a
NetApp filer for storage.  I'm using mySQL
to authenticate,  and log accounting info with
Radiator Radius (currently in testing phase)
I have noticed  extreme slowness (unusable)
when  Radiator inserts accounting, and
session  data.  Is this to be expected??
Is anyone doing this that could give me
info about what kind of performance they
are experiencing?  The reason why I want
to do this across multiple servers using the
same database is because of redundancy,
having one fast server would be nice, but if
it dies our users cannot access their service.

Jason Watkins, jwatkins@stripped
I-Land NOC Technician
http://www.iland.net

Thread
multiple server problems....Jason W.5 Apr
  • multiple server problems....Michael Widenius6 Apr