List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 26 1999 4:38pm
Subject:Re: Accents and Umlaute
View as plain text

Ondrej> Piet Wesselman <pwessel@stripped> writes:
>> I just upgraded to 3.23.3. In my data several languages are used, so the new
>> feature (described in D.1.5 Changes in release 3.23.0):
>>
>> Changed LIKE character comparison to behave as =; This
>> means that 'e' LIKE 'é' is now true.

Ondrej>     Is there a way how to disable this feature?

Ondrej> So result of 'SELECT "brána" LIKE "brana";' is false.

Just define the first column to be BINARY or use:

SELECT BINARY "brána" LIKE "brana";

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Accents and UmlautePiet Wesselman26 Sep
  • Re: Accents and UmlauteOndrej Sury26 Sep
    • Re: Accents and UmlauteMichael Widenius26 Sep
  • Accents and UmlauteMichael Widenius26 Sep
Re: Accents and UmlautePiet Wesselman26 Sep